Today, I'm a bit disgusted. I would post up the ad for this thing I saw on the internet, but I can't copy or save it. It's one of those ads that're displayed on various web pages. Anyway, it's got some animated girl, thin and decked with enormous boobs, of course. In a swimsuit. Then her breasts, butt and lips are highlighted and blinking. Above caption reads: Click on the body parts to create your ideal woman.
Are you kidding me? No wonder there are so many girls puking their brains out, overworking their bodies, depressed, or what have you. I know I don't have the "perfect" body, but really, who's to say what's perfect anyway? You know, I have good days and bad days. Some days, particularly the days leading up to a certain period in the months, I feel like the fattest person on earth. And other days, I'm pretty comfortable with myself. On TV, movies, the internet and in magazines, among others, we see how we should look like to please society. We can't achieve a certain body type. You have what you're born with. Unless you're a little obsessed with plastic surgery and take matters into your own hands. I mean, I understand that obesity has become a problem, but I think it's something that can be prevented or controlled or at least dealt with in certain ways. And I know it can be so hard to control it, what with everything going on in our busy lives and medications with weight-related side effects and so on. There's a lot of pressure for people to lose weight, and heck, I'd like to lose weight myself. But I don't think people should do it to please other people or with the idea that they're going to look like Angelina Jolie or some other Hollywood hottie. Do it for the sake of your own health. And don't set yourself up for failure by believing you're going to end up looking like.... a woman with an hourglass figure when you have a so-called boy-shaped body, or a pear-shaped body. You lose weight, you lose boobs. Deal with it. Well, unless you're top-heavy, but still, you lose some of it at least.
One thing I've been "cursed" with is a pair of chunky thighs. Ugh. I'd say I have a typical pear-shaped body. Would I like a great set of boobs? Of couse. But honestly, I'm not gonna get em. I refuse to go under the knife. And I'd rather spend all that money on exploring the world. So, I'll just wait until I can "enjoy" having big breasts for a year or two while pregnant and breast feeding. Too bad it'll hurt like hell. Great. But I'm more than fine with it. I just know that no matter what I do, I'm always going to have these big thighs. I mean, they can certainly shrink, but rest of my body will probably shrink as well; therefore, they'll still be chunky compared to the rest of me. What does it matter anyway?
Every woman wants to be desired. To feel desired is wonderful. It doesn't matter how we want it. A woman could want to be desired for her brains, looks, wits, etc. We just desire desire. I think in some ways, men want to be desired too, but they probably don't think about it as much as women do. Maybe that's just one reason why a lot of people cheat on each other. People can be in a committed, monogamous relationship, but either one or both will still seek to be desired. Maybe it's a sense of validation. We might think, Hey, I know my husband/wife/partner loves me and thinks I'm wonderful, but he/she kind of has to say that because they're with me and they don't want to fight. I wonder what others think of me? And then a person might look for the validation, flirt a little, and before they know it, wind up in a web of lies and completely lose control. But you can always argue that everything happens for a reason.
I don't know what I'm getting at. I'm sort of just rambling. My specialty. Main point is, I guess that I'm tired of media or people telling others exactly how they should look. As long as you're healthy and happy. If you can truly say you'll be happier after cosmetic surgery, then good for you. Personally, I don't think I'd be happy with myself after going through with it. I think I'd feel bad about myself, because that's not the real me and I'd know that even I couldn't accept me for who I am. But, that's just me. And then I get Dave's voice in my head, If that's the case, then why even wear makeup? I know, contradictory, huh? Well, I like makeup. It's temporary. And I don't wear a lot of it, and it's not like I'm one of those girls who won't even go to sleep in the presence of someone else without makeup on. It just makes me feel pretty or presentable and maybe even a little more confident. And for a shy person, I need all the confidence I can get. I'm half girly-girl... at least, and I like dressing up every now and then. Anway...
As far as body image goes, lose weight, gain weight (yes, there are people who actually need to gain weight), work out or do whatever you'd like with your body. As long as it'll make you healthy, happy and respect yourself. Do it for yourself, not to achieve some unrealistic fantasy of some guy or other girls. And maybe in the end, just maybe, you really won't give a damn about what others might think of you. Or at least you'll care a little less.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i <3 u!
ReplyDelete